Link building is an important part of search engine optimization (SEO) because search engines like Google determine the popularity of a website based on the quantity and quality of the incoming links. The more inbound links a website has from relevant and authoritative websites, the higher it will rank in search results.
However, there are many ways in which inbound links can be obtained, and not all methods are equally effective or ethical. Professional link building focuses on getting inbound links through a number of specific techniques, including:
- Content marketing: This involves creating high-quality content that is so interesting to other websites that they will choose to link to the content. For example, this can be in the form of blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.
- Guest blogging: A blog post is written for another website in exchange for a link to your own website.
- Broken link building: This searches for websites that have a link to a non-existent page and offers to replace it with a link to your own website.
- Listings in directories and link pages: The own website is added to relevant directories and link pages.
- Link exchange: It is agreed to link each other’s website.
All these techniques require a professional approach. For example, obtaining links through link exchanges or by paying for links may be considered unethical and even punishable by search engines such as Google. That’s why it’s important to work with a professional who knows how to get inbound links ethically.
A professional link builder will also take into account the quality of the incoming links. Search engines like Google value links from relevant and authoritative websites more than links from unreliable or irrelevant websites. A professional link builder will therefore always look for relevant and authoritative websites whose incoming link will be of value to their own website.
Getting inbound links is a lengthy process and requires patience and persistence. A professional link builder will regularly monitor and report on progress.
For more information call or email us